In July 2019, African-American home ownership reached historic lows in the United States, affecting neighborhoods, families, school quality, and generational wealth.
Systematic racism has been oppressing black Americans for decades.Have seen the direct impact of Racist law and real estate lending policy..Along Prevent African Americans from buying a home where they want to liveBoth the government and the real estate industry have contributed to the issue of social justice that pervades our country today.
HomeLight believes that every American deserves to own a home. We also believe that it is our responsibility to support solutions to end systematic racism inside and outside the industry.
We are honored to partner with NAREB, the largest and oldest minority real estate industry association in the United States, for this program. This is the first program in the United States.
In response to the 2020 Social Justice Movement, we have created the Black Real Estate Agent Program .According to the latest data from US Census Bureau, Less than 6% of all real estate professionals are black. In this program, our mission is to increase the number of top-producing black agents in real estate. We believe this will ultimately help increase the home ownership rate of black Americans.
This program provides financial and business support to brand new black realtors. HomeLight and NAREB help cover many of the new agent’s onboarding costs, including pre-license classes, agent exams, and some technology and marketing needs. Pair program participants with established real estate agents who can act as mentors and advisors. In addition, we provide ongoing training and education to new agents beyond what brokers can expect.
Who is eligible to apply for the program?
The application will open immediately. deadline The complete application will be completed and submitted on Friday, February 26, 2021.
We are looking for an ambitious black real estate expert who:
- Between 18 and 35 years old
- Interested in a career in the real estate industry, but is not currently founded as an agent
- Willing to work with NAREB brokers for at least the first year in real estate
- We promise to spend 5-10 hours a week working with mentors or continuing education
- Applicants can be placed in One of 29 major markets Presence of NAREB Realtist
What does the program offer?
Selected applicants will receive benefits of up to $ 5,000, including:
- Pre-license class and license exam fees
- Up to $ 500 spent on marketing
- 1 year subscription to CRM software
- 1 year brokerage fee, MLS fee, association fee, and NAREB membership fee
- 1 year attendance at NAREB meeting
- Ongoing education from all professionals, from contract negotiations to creating ads on social media
- A mentor who has a good reputation in the real estate industry and can provide support and advice
By sponsoring black realtors and providing the tools to achieve high production success, we hope to make a difference in both the industry and the diversity of homeowners across the United States.Thank you Would you like to take part